Estimated bills are a pain for everyone. You either end up with a big credit that’s in your supplier’s bank account or a big bill when the meter finally gets read. Both are bad options.
Submit your meter readings to your supplier at the end of each month and save yourself a lot of trouble.
here are several ways that energy customers can submit meter readings. The most common ways are:
- Online: Most energy companies have an online portal where customers can submit their meter readings. This is usually the quickest and easiest way to submit a meter reading.
- Over the phone: Customers can also call their energy company and submit their meter reading over the phone. This is a good option if customers do not have access to the internet or if they prefer to speak to someone directly.
- By text message: Some energy companies allow customers to submit their meter readings by text message. This is a quick and convenient way to submit a meter reading.
- By post: Customers can also submit their meter readings by post. This is the least convenient way to submit a meter reading, but it is an option for customers who do not have access to the internet or a phone.
It is important to note that the way that customers submit their meter readings may vary depending on their energy company. Customers should check with their energy company to find out the best way to submit their meter readings.
Here are some additional tips for submitting meter readings:
- Submit your meter readings regularly: Customers should submit their meter readings regularly, typically once a month. This will help to ensure that customers are billed accurately.
- Read your meter carefully: When reading your meter, make sure to read the correct numbers. It is also a good idea to take a picture of your meter reading so that you can refer to it later.
- Keep a record of your meter readings: Customers should keep a record of their meter readings. This will help customers to track their energy usage and identify any areas where they can save energy.
By following these tips, customers can ensure that they are submitting their meter readings correctly and that they are being billed accurately.